November 24, 2019
It is hard to imagine walking in the shoes of a child separated from his/her parents anytime but especially at Christmas.
The Foster Hope Ministry provides Christmas gifts on the wish lists of 120 local foster children who are dependents of the child welfare system.
They also provide Christmas stockings for 30 young adults who have aged out of the foster care system and are now being mentored by Just In Time for Foster Youth.
These gifts are a tangible expression of the love of Christ and let them know they are valued.
Our tree at the November 24th Market will be adorned with stars, each one containing a gift wish. To take part in the gift giving:
- Select one or more stars from the tree representing a gift that you or your small group wishes to donate (Most gifts are $25 to $50).
- Register the star/gift that you choose at our ACM table.
- Purchase the gift, which must NEW and UNWRAPPED.
- Before dropping off your gift, securely fasten the corresponding STAR to each gift donated.
Please bring gifts to the church patio on Sunday, December 1st or Sunday, December 8th. Our team will check in the gifts. You may also bring the gifts to the church office on weekdays up until the deadline date of Monday, December 3rd. For additional information regarding the gifts or the Foster Kids Party on Dec 14th contact the Gretchen Morgan of the Foster Youth Ministry at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
December 9, 2017
Dear Foster Youth Supporters,
It’s time for the annual Fostering Christmas Wishes Party and Gift Wrapping Event at Solana Beach Presbyterian Church Saturday, on December 9th in the Junior High Fuel Room 211 from 1:30PM to 4:30PM.
We need volunteers for everything from providing food to helping at craft tables to babysitting in the toddler area to helping with cleanup!
If you are interested in contributing or volunteering in any of the following areas, please email Gretchen (email@example.com) or call at 858-342-1883.
Here are some immediate needs we have:
- A CAROLING GROUP OR SINGER! PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP IF YOU HAVE AN IDEA OR WANT TO DO IT!
- GIFT BAGS (all sizes) & TISSUE for wrapping room!!!!! Please bring them to the Alternative Christmas Market table on 11/19!
- LARGE sturdy shopping bags with handles (not Vons size – bigger!) to help sort and store all the gifts. Please bring them to the Alternative Christmas Market table on 11/19!
Here are needs for the day of the party:
- Craft Stations (there will be 8 stations – if you have a craft idea or want to run a table that would be great – email me your idea!)
- Door Greeters
- Drinks – Cranapple Juice or Apple Cidar
- Food – Christmas Cookies for refreshments (other than sugar cookies)
- Food – Plain Undecorated Sugar cookies for cookie decorating activity (Ralph’s has packages that come with frosting for decorating)
- Food – Cheese & Cracker Tray
- Food – Pinwheel Sandwiches (Sprouts or Costco)
- Food – Fruit Tray
- Food – Banana or Pumpkin Bread
- Gift Wrapping Room Helpers
- Jumpy and Slide Overseers
- Music Manager
- Refreshments Overseers
- Room Roamers
- Toddler Area Babysitting
- Welcome Table
- Pre-Party Decorating the Friday before the event from 1:30-4:00PM
- CLEANUP after the party
- Decoration Donations
ALSO, JUST IN TIME KIDS STOCKINGS!
We are also again supporting the older Just In Time foster kids by providing stockings for them. The older youth greatly appreciate these as this is often their only Christmas gift. The Just In Time kids are the 19-24 year-old youth who have aged out of the system but still need our, help, love and support. Many of them are in school and have no extra money for a special visit to Starbucks or Subway with friends. If you would like to provide a stocking for a Just In Time foster youth, please let us know as we are trying to gather at least 30 stockings. Ideas for filling the stocking include practical things such as socks, toiletries, a grocery card, a Target gift card, a Subway gift card, a gas card, and maybe some fun candy or baked goods.
You can talk to us in person on Sunday, Nov 19th at the Alternative Christmas Market where we will be next to our two trees full of stars with foster youth gift needs ready for loving hearts to pick up!
THANK YOU and GOD BLESS YOU ALL!
September 9, 2017
Volunteer at the Foster Family Respite Night!
Foster children and siblings are invited to join us for a night of fun and games at Solana Beach Presbyterian Church while we give their parents a well deserved night off. We need volunteers to make this happen! There will be a variety of activities to help supervise – games, sports, dinner, crafts, etc. We hope you can make it! Email Gretchen if interested.
The event will take place in the Children’s Ministry Building.
May 31, 2014
Come down to beautiful Del Mar Beach and help with our Camp Connect Beach Day. This event is sponsored and run by the Del Mar Powerhouse Paddle & Swim group and supported by our team. The day includes beach games, surf lessons, boat rides, lunch, and t-shirts for the kids.
February 23, 2014
Help a JIT foster youth that is aging out of the system move into his or her first apartment! This activity involves helping to gather all the items before February 23rd and/or helping with the move-in on February 23rd. We hope to be moving FOUR foster youth. See laundry list page for furniture items to keep your ears open for.
December 14, 2013
Volunteer to help out at the Fostering Christmas Wishes Event in the Hispanic chapel on December 14th. We need all kinds of helpers: Run a craft table, oversee the “jumpy” activity, bring a plate of homemade Christmas cookies, help with setup or cleanup, meet a foster youth and sing in the sing-a-long with them, and much more.
December 8, 2013
please drop off star gifts before after service
more info coming soon…
December 1, 2013
Please drop off star gifts before after service
More info coming soon…
November 24, 2013
Help provide a Christmas gift for a foster youth by picking up one of the 100 STARs available on Sunday, November 24th at the SBPC Alternative Christmas Market.